– Felt a beachscape with crashing waves & clouds –
with Laura Ricks
Getting Started: Info & Resources
Fiber Layout and Needle Felting
Needle Felting the Design Layer
Needle Felting Details
Get Your Certificate!
About this Course
Skills Focus: Needle Felting, Wet Felting
Video Lessons: Videos are divided in to easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Difficulty Level: Beginner / Intermediate
Helpful Experience to Have: Intro to needle felting, basic wet felting
Course Length: This course is equivalent to a 1.5-day in person workshop
Create a beachscape with crashing waves, wet and dry sand, and awesome clouds among a beautiful gradient sky
Skills you will Learn:
- How to use light needle felting prior to wet felting to avoid fiber shift
- How to easily blend fiber colors by hand
- How to create smooth and even color transitions in a sky
- How to create depth in the sky with transitions and clouds
- How to build clouds with body, shadow and highlights
- Choosing fibers that work well for highlights, waves, clouds and water
- How to easily and effectively wet felt with a palm washboard to prevent buckling and to gain control of the felting process.(*palm washboard is optional, but Laura’s preferred method for felting her pieces)
- How to add detail and finishing touches after wet felting to sharpen lines and enhance details.
* A look at variations in cloud structure and water colors
Included in this course
- 24/7, 365 Instant access to the course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
- High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
- Learn at your own pace and refer back to lessons at any time
- Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies
Meet the Instructor:
Laura Ricks is from Lafayette, Indiana. She has been working with felting and fiber arts since 2017.
She particularly enjoys creating felted landscapes, which feature spectacular skies and clouds, beautiful natural scenery, and picture-perfect depth and perspective. She often draws inspiration from her rural Indiana surroundings and her travels, with the ability to turn photos into felted masterpieces.
She is a co-owner of Artists’ Own Cooperative Artist Gallery. You can follow Laura on Instagram @EmeraldHillTextiles