Wet Felting a Grab-n-Go Beanie
– Wet Felting a Durable and Warm Beanie Over a Resist –
with Marie Spaulding
Getting Started: Info & Resources
Felting a Grab-n-Go Beanie
About this Course
Skills Focus: Wet Felting over a resist to make a custom-fitted beanie that will last you throughout the years
Video Lessons: Videos are divided in to easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Helpful Experience to Have: This course is a great step into wet felting over a resist. A basic understanding of wet felting will certainly help, as certain portions of the felting and rolling processes have been sped up.
Fashion yourself a warm and durable wool beanie that is custom sized for your head!
Skills you will Learn:
- Understanding the best fibers and tools to use for this project
- Measuring your head for a custom-fitted beanie
- Creating a resist from measurements and accounting for shrinkage
- Preparing a basic wet felting table setup
- Work with Merino Top to create a solid felt that will last for years
- Layout of wool in specific directions to achieve specific goals
- Use embellishments to add a spot of color to your beanie
- Wet felting over a resist using merino fiber
- Rolling, Fulling, and Spot-Fulling the project
Join Free and start taking classes!
Membership in the school is free!
- Enroll (in free membership)
- Visit your Dashboard for quick links
- Enroll in the class of your choice!
Included in this course:
- 24/7, 365 Instant access to the course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
- High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
- Learn at your own pace and refer back to lessons at any time
- Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies
Meet the Instructor:
Marie Spaulding is the CEO and founder of Living Felt – Felting Supplies. Sometime around the turn of the century, she discovered the art and craft of feltmaking and fell madly in love.
“I began dabbling in arts and crafts in my early 20’s, but when I first saw a needle felted sculpture, I knew I had to give it a go. Since that first project, I was enthralled with the versatility of the medium and its endless possibilities. I jumped quickly into wet felting and nuno felting, and enjoyed exploring processes and projects.”
Marie began to teach felting in her local area and later authored instructions of a needle felting project. From that day forward, Living Felt morphed from being her studio name to an idea … to share the art of feltmaking, and teach the world to felt.
Marie spends almost every waking moment working on Living Felt and now its online school, FeltingTutorials.com, and felting … of course 🙂 She is committed to empowering others to express their creative voice through the art of making felt … be it with water or a needle or both!