– Wet Felting a Textured Hat Full of Treasures! –
with Dawn Edwards
Getting Started: Info & Resources
Wool Base Layout
Hidden Silk Notions
Sculpting the Hat
Certificate of Completion
About this Course
Skills Focus: Wet felting, Nuno felting
Video Lessons: Videos are divided in to easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Difficulty Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Helpful Experience to Have: Wet felting over a resist
*If you have not wet felted over a resist before, start with our free wet felting classes
Create a textural, wearable masterpiece! The surface design lessons in this course will convey very well to other felt art such as vessels, purses, wall hangings, etc.
Skills you will Learn:
- Wet felting a fun, textured, rippled hat
- Wet felting over a resist
- Creating ruffled textures with strong edges
- Adding beaded silk inclusions without sewing
- Shaping and blocking to create spirals
- Adding shibori style elements to your felt
* Written tutorial for easy reference and review
Included in this course:
- 24/7, 365 Instant access to the course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
- High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
- Learn at your own pace and refer back to lessons at any time
- Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies
Join Free and start taking classes!
Membership in the school is free!
- Enroll (in free membership)
- Visit your Dashboard for quick links
- Enroll in the class of your choice!
Meet the Instructor:
Dawn Edwards is a felt artist and tutor based in Plainwell, Michigan USA. She sells her work under the label ‘Felt So Right’ and teaches extensively within the USA and internationally. Her felt art has appeared in numerous exhibitions, shows, magazines and books. Dawn also is the co-coordinator of the not-for-profit group, ‘Felt United’, which currently has over 7,000 members.
Dawn’s love of color, texture, and beauty in everyday life, have led to artistic expression through many creative endeavors including stained glass and pottery, and finally to a medium where she is able to incorporate many of those techniques into her felt-making. You may see some of the wonderful textural and sculptural images found in pottery, or the beautiful color ways noted in stained glass. Most recently, Dawn’s ‘Blue Coral’ felt hat was was chosen to appear in the 2019 ‘Felt Fiber Transformed’ issue of Fiber Art Now magazine.