– Felt a Skyward View that Captures Depth and Perspective –
with Laura Ricks
Getting Started: Info & Resources
Needle Felt the Background
Needle Felt the Tree Canopy
Needle Felt Dimensional Trees
Get Your Certificate!
About this Course
Skills Focus: Felting a perspective image using both needle felting and wet felting techniques. Simple mounting for a ready to hang display.
Video Lessons: Videos are divided in to easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Difficulty Level: Beginner / Intermediate
Helpful Experience to Have: Intro to 2D needle felting, basic wet felting
Course Length: This course is equivalent to a 1.5-day in person workshop
Create the illusion of depth and perspective looking up through the treetops and into the sky beyond.
Skills you will Learn:
- How to felt an image using a reference photo
- How to use light needle felting prior to wet felting to avoid fiber shift
- How to easily blend fiber colors by hand
- How to create smooth and even color transitions in a sky, leaves, and trees
- How to create depth and perspective, creating the look of viewing the treetops from below
- Choosing fibers that work well for the sky, leaves, tree trunks and branches
- How to easily and effectively wet felt with a palm washboard to prevent buckling and to gain control of the felting process.(*palm washboard is optional, but Laura’s preferred method for felting her pieces)
- How to add detail and finishing touches after wet felting to sharpen lines and enhance details.
* Laura shares her simple trick for guiding perspective and vanishing points in felting
Included in this course
- 24/7, 365 Instant access to the course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
- High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
- Learn at your own pace and refer back to lessons at any time
- Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies