Fabulous Felt and Nuno Felt Hats
with Dawn Edwards
Hat 1: Brimmed Cloche
Hat 2: Beaded Cloche
Brimmed Cloche: Getting Started
Brimmed Cloche: Fiber Layout
Brimmed Cloche: Embellishments
Brimmed Cloche: Felting and Fulling
Brimmed Cloche: Blocking
Brimmed Cloche: Finishing Touches
Brimmed Cloche: Extra Considerations
Beaded Cloche: Getting Started
Beaded Cloche: Fiber Layout
Beaded Cloche: Felting and Fulling
Beaded Cloche: Blocking
Bonus: Wet Felting Flowers
Certificate of Completion
About this Course
Skills Focus: Wet Felting Over a Resist, Nuno Felt
Video Lessons: Videos are divided into easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Difficulty Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Helpful Experience to Have: Basic Wet Felting
Course Length: This course is equivalent to a 3-day in person workshop
Create two beautiful hats, a wet felted hat with a brim and a nuno felted beaded cloche.
BONUS! How to wet felt a gorgeous flower to embellish your hat!
BONUS! Tips from Dawn on professionally finishing your hats that will increase the overall and perceived value to your customers.
Skills you will learn:
In this workshop, we will create two styles of hats by felting over a resist. This class is an exceptional skills builder for wet felting over a resist.
If you would like to master your shapes, and refine your skills to create beautiful crafted 3D felts such as these lovely hats, this class is for you. Dawn felts by hand and teaches each step in a fun, approachable way that yields beautiful felted hats in every class!
More specifically you will learn how to:
- Properly measure for hat size
- Create a brimmed, wet felted cloche hat
- Create a bell cloche beaded silk nuno felt hat
- Wet felt over an open resist and get great edges with little or no cutting
- Work with fabrics to Nuno felt in 3-D
- How much wool to use in felting hats
- Create gorgeous beaded surface design without sewing!
- Properly block your hat for a professional finish
- Learn what to look for in a hat block
- Embellish and accessorize your hats
- Properly care and store felted hats
- & More master feltmaker tips along the way!
Come prepared to have fun!
All levels welcome, this course is great for beginner wet felters!
Nuno Felt Hats Workshop
Included in this course:
- 24/7, 365 Instant access to your course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
- High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
- Learn at your own pace and refer back to video lessons and resources at any time
- Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies
- BONUS! How to wet felt a gorgeous flower to embellish your hat!
Join Free and start taking classes!
Membership in the school is free!
- Enroll (in free membership)
- Visit your Dashboard for quick links
- Enroll in the class of your choice!
Meet the Instructor:
Dawn Edwards is a felt artist and tutor based in Plainwell, Michigan USA. She sells her work under the label ‘Felt So Right’ and teaches extensively within the USA and internationally. Her felt art has appeared in numerous exhibitions, shows, magazines and books. Dawn also is the co-coordinator of the not-for-profit group, ‘Felt United’, which currently has over 7,000 members.
Dawn’s love of color, texture, and beauty in everyday life, have led to artistic expression through many creative endeavors including stained glass and pottery, and finally to a medium where she is able to incorporate many of those techniques into her felt-making. You may see some of the wonderful textural and sculptural images found in pottery, or the beautiful color ways noted in stained glass. Most recently, Dawn’s ‘Blue Coral’ felt hat was was chosen to appear in the 2019 ‘Felt Fiber Transformed’ issue of Fiber Art Now magazine.