Thank you for enrolling in the Nuno Felt Wearables: Nuno Felt Prefelt Skirt course with Charity van deer Meer!
View the supplies list and Charity’s welcome message below:
Nuno Felt Wearables: Nuno Felt Prefelt Skirt
– Create a beautifully textured, perfectly fitted skirt –
with Charity van der Meer
Getting Started: Info & Resources
Measurements, Pattern, and Resist
Prefelt and Silk Layout
Rolling and Evaluation
Thank You and Interview
Get Your Certificate
Nuno Felt Wearables: Textural Skirt
About this Course
Skills Focus: Wet Felting, Nuno Felting
Difficulty Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Helpful Experience to Have: Wet Felting over a Resist
Course Length: This course is equivalent to a 2-day in person workshop
Explore textures, embellishment techniques, and how to use wool and silk fibers effectively to easily create a one-of-a-kind fitted skirt that is sure to impress!
Video Lessons: Videos are divided in to easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Audio: Recorded in English
Closed Captions: English, Deutsch, Español, Español (México), Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Polski, Português, Português (Brasil), Magyar, Pусский, اللغة العربية, हिन्दी, 中文, 日本, 한국인, বাংলা
Skills you will Learn:
- Obtain the proper measurements that guide in the making of a skirt pattern and enlarged resist template
- Select wool and silk fibers that will add textural variety and visual interest
- Quickly layout the fibers to make a reversible skirt with the ease of using prefelt as a wool base
- Incorporate appropriate silk fabrics as a base for the skirt
- Apply silk fabrics as a decorative design layer
- Use prefelt as inclusions that give a raised relief look
- Create prefelt ruffles that run the length of the skirt
- Make pleats from silk that give that skirt visual interest
- Make wool yarns to incorporate as embellishments
- Use layering, silk, and prefelt to give the dress a light, flowy bottom portion of the skirt
- Simply and effectively wet felt a large garment with the help of a sander
- Apply finishing details and shaping to ensure a perfectly fitting skirt
Included in this course
24/7, 365 Instant access to the course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
Learn at your own pace and refer back to lessons at any time
Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies
Meet the Instructor
Charity van der Meer
Follow Charity on Instagram!
Charity van der Meer-Musoma was born in and grew up in Zambia. She is a fashion designer specialized in hand-made ecological garments, and graduated as a Fashion and Knitwear Designer from Nottingham Trent University of Art and Design (UK) in 2002. Charity moved to the Netherlands in the same year, where she continues to work in fashion and design independently.
“Felt has given me a chance to express myself beyond the conformity of the traditional felt making and dress making. There are endless possibilities and I am constantly researching new materials and new techniques. All material I use will tell their own story through my pieces.”
Today, Charity’s contemporary designs are inspired by nature itself. Her mission is to create unique, natural, sustainable and wearable garments and to share this with others around the world. To produce her collections, Charity uses new ideas and techniques that are inspired by nature and uses durable and ecological products.
Her label Sharit – which comes from “Share It” – embodies Charity’s passion for sharing her creativity and knowledge with others and to inspire them and stimulate their creative thoughts.
Charity travels all around the world teaching felt fashion and felt techniques. Her contact with so many cultures encourages her ideas and inspires her towards new creations. Her dream of sharing is her reality and this has led her to invest in this new online way of sharing her passion.