Wet Felting a Shibori Jacket
– Creating a Custom-Fitting Hooded Shibori Jacket –
with Diana Nagorna
Getting Started: Info & Resources
Wool Layout and Felting the Front of the Jacket
Wool Layout and Felting the Back of the Jacket
Sleeves and Hood
Shibori Decorative Elements
Zipper, Arm, and Neck Lines
Sewing and Finishing the Sleeves
Attaching the Hood and Finishing the Jacket
Shibori Variant Design
Certificate of Completion
Come prepared to have fun!
All levels welcome, though some wet felting experience is recommended.
About this Course
Skills Focus: Wet Felting Over a Resist, Fitted Wearables, Shibori
Video Lessons: Videos in easy to digest & easy to reference segments
Difficulty Level: Intermediate / Advanced
Helpful experience to have: Wet felting over a resist, Nuno felting, and Sewing
**Diana uses a sewing machine to give the jacket a professional finish.
Course Length: This course is equivalent to a 4-day in person workshop
Create a custom-fitted jacket and optional hood using shibori elements across nine sections divided into step-by-step video lessons.
This detailed and extensive course shows all the stages of working with a felt jacket, making shibori and finishing a custom-fitted garment. You will easily gain new skills to create a beautiful high-quality garment.
Skills you will learn:
- Select suitable colors and fibers for you garment
- Measure for a custom-tailored jacket and hood
- Create a template and calculate shrinkage
- How to wet felt over an open resist
- Work with silk fabrics to Nuno felt
- Learn how much wool to use and layout techniques
- Use a sander to help felt large garments
- Incorporate various shibori elements
- Attach a zipper and removable hood
- Create perfect edges for sleeves and necklines
- How to give your jacket a professional finish with sewing
- & More Master fFeltmaker tips!
Wet Felt Shibori Jacket Online Workshop
Included in this course:
- 24/7, 365 Instant access to your course streamed directly to your computer, tablet or phone
- High quality video instruction divided into short, digestible lessons
- Learn at your own pace and refer back to video lessons and resources at any time
- Complete materials list with links to recommended supplies
Join Free and start taking classes!
Membership in the school is free!
- Enroll (in free membership)
- Visit your Dashboard for quick links
- Enroll in the class of your choice!
Meet the Instructor:
Diana Nagorna is an artist and textile designer. She is a graduate of Donetsk State Art College and Kharkiv State Academy of Design and Arts.
“A few years ago I was in the creative search, but not in the abstract, I was in the very concrete search however, like many artists. I was looking for a new material, through which I could express myself fully. And I found it. Now the felting has become for me the main type of work, and in this amazing material I implement a wide variety of designs. Now I work with natural wool and variety pure silk and fibers, in the techniques of wet felting, and nuno felting.”